Why is my credit limit $0?
Brex changes credit limits to $0 when account activity suggests that you may become unable to repay the balance. Additionally, Brex can change your credit limit to $0 at our sole discretion based on violations of our platform agreement, a Terms of Service violation, or our determination of risk. Below are examples of scenarios that might result in a $0 credit limit.
No connected bank
You don't have connected external bank accounts and have not provided bank statements or they are out of date.
- Connect a bank account: How can I connect an additional bank account to Brex?.
- Submit bank statements: How do I manually upload statements?.
Connected bank staleness
The connection to your linked external bank account may occasionally lose connectivity or become out-of-date. Further information can be found here: Why is my bank connection out of date or stale?. We aren't able to issue you a credit limit during long periods of staleness because we need visibility into your company's cash balance.
Note: Banks sometimes make changes to their products or the way that they send data to third-party softwares like Finicity and Plaid, which can cause staleness even if you have recently established the connection.
Reconnect your bank account: How can I reconnect my bank to Brex?.
We’ll proactively email you at the beginning of each month to collect your previous month’s statement(s). However, if we don't receive your monthly statements for an extended period of time, Brex will change your credit limit to $0.
Submit your most recent bank statements: How do I manually upload statements?.
Minimum cash balance/monthly
- You have an insufficient cash balance to meet minimum underwriting requirements (for monthly payments). For more information on minimum balances, see: What is the minimum cash balance/monthly revenue I must have to maintain my credit limit?.
- You aren't meeting the minimum monthly revenue requirements (for grandfathered accounts with net 60-day payment cycles).
- (Monthly payments) Connect an additional bank account: How can I connect an additional bank account to Brex?.
- (Daily payments) Initiate a transfer: How to add funds to my Brex Cash account.
Your automatic payment for your statement balance has failed or been reversed. When this happens, we'll email you with a prompt to correct the issue.
- Determine why the payment failed: Why did my payment to Brex fail?.
- Initiate a new payment: How do I make a payment to Brex?.
- Credit limits are calculated in part by Brex’s ongoing account-specific determination of risk. These credit limits are subject to change at any time at our sole discretion in accordance with our rights outlined in the Platform Agreement.