Prohibited Restricted Activities
Revised May 5, 2021
The examples listed below are not exhaustive and we reserve the right to modify or update the lists below at any time by posting a revised version to our website. The revised version will be immediately effective upon posting. If we determine in our sole discretion that you engage or have engaged in activities that are illegal, may harm others or our reputation or operations, or violate our or others' rights, including by engaging in any of the activities below or authorizing or helping others to do so, we may deny, terminate, or suspend your use of the Services.
Prohibited Activities List
Regulated or Illegal Activities
- Sale of Schedule I controlled substances with or without a pharmaceutical license, or sale of Schedules II-V controlled substances without a pharmaceutical license, where such schedules are defined by the United States Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA);
- Production, sale, or distribution of marijuana;
- Production, sale, or distribution of guns, accessories, ammunition, and other weapons;
- Production, sale, or distribution of illegal material, including but not limited to child pornography;
- Gambling, betting, lotteries, sweepstakes, or games of chance;
- Prostitution or escort services;
- Sale of counterfeit or "gray market" goods or services; and
- Ponzi or pyramid schemes, or other unfair or deceptive activities.
Violent or Hateful Activities
- Intentionally promoting, supporting, or perpetrating (1) violence or physical harm or (2) hate toward any group or individual based on race, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, immigration status, or any other legally protected characteristic under federal or state law.
Restricted Activities List
Companies that are engaged in the following activities or businesses may be required to provide additional information or documentation or may be ineligible for certain Services:
- Businesses dealing in cryptocurrency or digital assets;
- Financial services providers, including banks or bank affiliates, securities brokers, money transmitters, investment companies, or investment funds;
- Pornography, adult chat, or other sexually explicit services; or
- Sale of Schedules II-V controlled substances with a pharmaceutical license, where such schedules are defined by the DEA.
Please contact us if you are unsure whether your business or activities are permitted by Brex.