I'm having trouble verifying my device.
To keep your Brex account even more secure, we’ve implemented device verification. This is a one-time authorization needed for each browser on every device you use to sign in to Brex. Device verification ensures that only your approved devices and IP addresses can access your Brex account going forward.
Please refer to the troubleshooting tips below to successfully verify your device.
No device verification email
If you haven’t received the device verification email, please try the following:
- Ensure you’re signing in to the email associated with your Brex account.
- Check your spam/trash folder for an email entitled “New sign-in to Brex” (if you have filters set up, the email may have been routed to a different folder).
- Check with you IT department about email server configuration to see if there is any firewall or filter that may block/filter emails from email@example.com.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies, and sign in again.
- Click resend email on the "Extra security check" screen and give it a few minutes for the email to arrive. If you’ve clicked resend email multiple times, make sure you are clicking the link in the latest email.
Expired verification link
If you’re being notified that “This link has expired,” please try:
- Signing in to your Brex account again to restart the process and receive a new verification email.
- Check other tabs in your browser to see if you already used the link successfully and are signed into Brex.
If you’re seeing a page that says, “We weren’t able to finish verification,” please try the following:
- Click the link in the verification email from the same device you most recently used to sign in to Brex.
- Restart the process by signing into Brex again.
If you get an error saying, “We’re sorry–we’re having trouble,” this means the page has timed out. Please try refreshing the page and entering your login credentials again.
Verifying page is frozen
If you get stuck on a page that says “Extra security verification” or “Verifying device,” please refresh the page or clear your browser’s recent cache and cookies, and then try signing in again.
Previously verified device
Even if you selected Trust this device and verified your device, you may be asked to re-verify if you’ve recently cleared your browser’s cache and cookies, or if you’re using an incognito or private browsing tab.
In this case, you should be able to quickly verify the device again by following these steps:
Step 1: When you see the "Extra security check" screen after signing into Brex, look for an email entitled “New sign-in to Brex” in the email inbox associated with your Brex account.
Step 2: Click Trust this device to remember this device and avoid this verification step for approximately one year. Or click Allow once–recommended for public or shared devices–to continue verifying this device each time you log in to Brex.
If you’re not able to verify your device and sign in after trying the suggestions above, please chat with Brex support by going to this page and clicking the chat icon in the lower-left corner.