HR Generalist (Remote)
HR Generalist (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize its full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
People at Brex
The People team keeps our company and culture growing. We’re curious, optimistic, and pragmatic—and work with our colleagues all across Brex to solve organizational challenges. We focus on bringing talented new individuals to the company and providing the tools and resources to empower individual and team success. Above all, we help build an authentic, inclusive environment where our team members can grow and make an impact.
What You’ll Do
As the HR Generalist, you will be focused on taking care of our most important investment at Brex: our employees. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are approachable and solution-focused, and have a passion for and are excited about building great companies. You have a passion for building and managing processes and programs that help Brex employees do their best work every day.
- Be a brand ambassador for all things People@ related – you are the employee point-of-contact for HR-related matters. You’ll be expected to answer questions, troubleshoot / resolve issues, and support employees through their every key milestone across the employee lifecycle
- Support employees and our partner teams through processes such as hiring, promotions, internal transfers, and separations, and execute said processes in Workday
- Never one to be content with the status quo, be creative about the employee experience – find ways to improve every People Operations interaction
- Proactively and collaboratively partner with our internal teams to enhance processes and programs – all in the spirit of maximizing employee experience while scaling appropriately for the business
- Partner with brokers (and your peers in People Operations) to help administer benefits, employee policies, compliance requirements; as needed, act as liaison between brokers and employees to resolve benefit related issues
- Track employee compliance and training in our Learning Management System and follow up with employees (as needed) to ensure business compliance
- Generate reports for appropriate cross functional partners (Recruiting, Payroll, Finance, Legal) regarding headcount, attrition, etc.
- Support your People Operations peers by ensuring with applicable labor laws or regulations by completing federal, state, and city reporting requirements
- Partner with internal HR teams (i.e., L&D, People Partnering, Recruiting, etc.) to provide recommendations and brainstorm activities intended to promote employee engagement, morale, and culture
- Support programs such as Benefits Renewal, Open Enrollment, new benefit selection, including assisting with communications and roll-out of new programs or policies
- Support broader People Programs, including compensation cycles
- Partner with IT to identify, test, and rollout enhancements / solutions in Workday
- Partner with Employment Counsel to ensure legal compliance on specific programs, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 4+ years of HR experience working with HRIS, benefits, LOAs, immigration
- Proven knowledge and passion for understanding HR process and systems
- Super user of Google Suite; advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills preferred (e.g., if/then statements, VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, formulas)
- Strong familiarity with HRIS systems and tools
- Demonstrated ability to act with discretion, and have exceptional integrity and judgment in handling confidential information
- Able to build trust and rapport quickly
- Experience working in high-growth technology companies
- Experience with Workday
- SHRM Certification