Fraud Operations Associate (Remote)
Fraud Operations Associate (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Operations at Brex
The Operations team is the bridge between our product and our customers. Our priority is to keep our customers happy and their businesses protected, while delivering vital information back to our internal teams. We are responsible for underwriting all of our customers, while simultaneously managing Brex’s risk exposures. We work cross-functionally with Risk, Compliance, Data, and Engineering to allow Brex to scale efficiently, keeping quality top of mind.
What you'll do
We are looking for someone that is passionate about mitigating Financial Crime and Fraud to join our Fraud Investigations Unit. In this role, you will be tasked with optimizing our Fraud Prevention and Investigation process, assessing risks and implementing a tooling system that allows maximum efficiency.
- Investigate suspected fraud events and reduce potential loss exposure by being compliant with applicable policies and procedures
- Own the dispute and chargeback process within the team
- Process alerts that are triggered in the affirmative release queue and monitor suspicious activity
- Conduct analysis and research of account activity to assess levels of risk and detect fraudulent activity
- Utilize systems, resources, policies, and procedures to evaluate accounts and situations that may require unique treatment and a specialized approach
- Work closely with multiple teams including Risk and Fraud Operations to identify improvements in detection and prevention
- Lead projects related to tooling improvements and implementation
- Provide guidance to business partners to ensure appropriate actions are taken to mitigate losses and loss exposure
- Assist department staff with daily work as necessary to keep department responsibilities within service level agreements
- Work closely with data science, compliance, engineering, sales, and customer experience teams to optimize product enhancement and development
- Deep dive into our customer base to assess risk exposures and potential areas for further product development
- Partner with Client Onboarding to further improve and strengthen the first line of defense.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 3+ Years of experience in your field
- Proven knowledge and prior fraud prevention experience- Transaction fraud, Account Takeovers, Kiting, etc.
- Knowledge of Visa/MasterCard Operating Regulations
- Familiarity with the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) industry and Reg E
- Own the dispute process in compliance with Visa/MasterCard, federal and state rules and regulations. Disputes that are not processed accurately and in time can lead to financial loss for Brex, customers, and merchants.
- An eye for detail and a knack for hunting for risk
- Experience in a role that requires rigorous financial or business analytics and strategic thought
- Obsession with automating processes and reducing human involvement in the loop (including your own)
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for what you're building
- Knowledge and familiarity of underwriting and account statement review a plus
- A desire to seek out what’s broken and fix it