Manager, Fraud Operations (Remote)
Manager, Fraud Operations (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Operations at Brex
The Operations team is the bridge between our product and our customers. Our priority is to keep our customers happy and their businesses protected, while delivering vital information back to our internal teams. We are responsible for underwriting all of our customers, while simultaneously managing Brex’s risk exposures. We work cross-functionally with Risk, Compliance, Data, and Engineering to allow Brex to scale efficiently, keeping quality top of mind.
What you'll do
This is an exciting opportunity for someone that has deep knowledge of and experience in combating financial crimes. Reporting to the Director of Fraud Investigation Unit, this role will assist in managing Brex’s fraud prevention and investigation capabilities. You will help design and drive enhancements to combat financial crime. In this role you will be a key business partner to various cross functional teams at Brex . You will assess controls, procedures, and support fraud prevention, detection, and tuning of models. A data driven and analytical mindset is a must.
- Manage a team of Fraud prevention professionals, and lead them towards achieving team/department goals
- Continuously monitor and report on control performance and fraud events to Risk Ops Management and provide actionable recommendations
- Accountable for alignment with applicable regulations, policy and procedure requirements, audit and escalation procedures
- Coach and provide feedback to the team - develop a top notch fraud prevention and investigation team
- Analyze patterns, and present facts and remediation options to mitigate financial crime risk and prevent losses
- Develop and implement a good second line of defense reporting to senior management
- Work closely with our data science, compliance, engineering, sales, and customer experience teams to optimize product enhancement and development
- Deep dive into our customer base to assess risk exposures and potential areas for further product development
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience in Fraud Prevention/Investigations
- 3+ years of people management experience
- People Management experience preferable
- CFE certification a plus
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for financial services -a deep understanding of how various instruments work e.g. ACH, Wires, Cheques, etc.
- Experience in a role that requires rigorous financial or business analysis and strategic thought- analyzing data, interpreting results, reporting, and making recommendations
- Obsession with automating processes and reducing human involvement in the loop (including your own)
- Flexible and adaptable- able to work in ambiguous situations
- Self motivated, confident in your abilities, and collaborative
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for what you're building
- A desire to seek out what’s broken and fix it