Risk Operations Analyst
Risk Operations Analyst
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Operations at Brex
The Operations team is the bridge between our product and our customers. Our priority is to keep our customers happy and their businesses protected, while delivering vital information back to our internal teams. We are responsible for underwriting all of our customers, while simultaneously managing Brex’s risk exposures. We work cross-functionally with Risk, Compliance, Data, and Engineering to allow Brex to scale efficiently, keeping quality top of mind.
What You’ll Do:
As a Risk Operations Analyst, your goals are: (1) Ensure Brex is seamlessly approving customers in a compliant manner while reducing account fraud, and (2) Protect Brex and Brex customers from fraudulent activities. This is a role that requires dedication to risk management as well as customer experience. You will implement solutions to uplift processes and engage cross-functionally with our Compliance, Fraud, Credit, Sales, Customer Experience, Engineering, and Product teams to contribute to meeting organizational goals.
- Assess the validity of Brex customer applications while also ensuring all customers are onboarded in compliance with all relevant financial regulations and customer activity guidelines
- Ongoing monitoring and due diligence of customer accounts, fraud reviews, as well as sanctions monitoring
- Participate in and review existing onboarding, sanctions, and transactions reviews processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Partner with Legal, Compliance, and Risk to develop best-in-class Operating Procedures and with Product and Engineering to improve systems and workflows
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of your team and the company by sharing knowledge through mentorship, collaboration, and aiding in documentation
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of experience in risk
- Passionate about risk (compliance, AML, fraud)
- Strong analytical rigor and attention to detail
- Customer-centric and passionate about thinking through customer needs and working with them while balancing risk exposures
- Ability to communicate technical problems in a professional and tactful way
- Experience in Financial Services, FinTech, Big 4, Accounting or other financial experience