Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Operations at Brex
The Operations team is the bridge between our product and our customers. Our priority is to keep our customers happy and their businesses protected, while delivering vital information back to our internal teams. We are responsible for underwriting all of our customers, while simultaneously managing Brex’s risk exposures. We work cross-functionally with Operations, Compliance, Data, and Engineering to allow Brex to scale efficiently, keeping quality top of mind.
What you’ll do
This is an opportunity to work on solving Brex’s hardest risk problems with some of the industry’s brightest minds. As a Risk Analyst you will focus on fighting credit card fraud and will manage Portfolio-level insights across multiple customer segments. As Brex’s business scales, risk exposure increases as well. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to drive solutions for some of Brex’s hardest problems across the Risk organization.
- Drive down losses for Brex by leveraging data-informed insights to reduce credit and fraud risk exposure.
- Collaborate with members of the risk team to review our Credit and Fraud portfolios and make recommendations for mitigating imminent risks
- Monitor existing risk systems and introduce new risk policies and alerting infrastructure to achieve company level priorities around Credit and Fraud risk
- Building dashboards and partner with Data Science, Engineering, Sales and Operations teams to inform the company on status of the Risk organization
- 3-6 years of experience with operations, risk, payments or a related field
- Proficient with database languages such as SQL, dashboarding and data analytics
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- BS/BA degree in mathematics, economics, computer science or a related field
- Experience with statistical analysis, scripting languages such as Python or R
- A wide range of expertise with risk systems, fraud prevention, or credit risk management
- Knowledge of credit card, ACH, wire or check processing
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm and driving personal vision
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Highly self-driven and proactively seeking to solve new problems