Copywriter (Contract, Remote)
Copywriter (Contract, Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so that every growing company can realize their full potential. We’re building integrated financial software and services—disrupting entrenched institutions with products and experiences that empower the next generation of business.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We empower you with the tools, resources, and support to grow your career.
Marketing at Brex
The Marketing team tells the Brex story, determines messaging and positioning, and translates our reimagined products and features into tangible customer benefits. Our marketers—across Brand, Product Marketing, Content, and Growth—are responsible for acquiring customers and have a deep understanding of the business. We’re a highly cross-functional team and partner most closely with Product, Sales, BD, and Design to help our prospects and customers understand how we can help them reach their full potential.
What you’ll do
As a Copywriter at Brex, you’ll bring the Brex brand to life and promote our products clearly and accurately to prospects and customers—across many channels, including social and paid posts, email, and marketing campaigns. You're a strategist and a writer who can craft compelling stories that attract, engage, and activate business audiences.
This role balances creative, analytical, and strategic thinking. You’ll need to understand our products and customer behavior, and use that information to develop strategies and copywriting that drive brand awareness and customer engagement and growth.
- Write compelling copy that is on brand and error-free for creative campaigns, marketing emails, paid ads and landing pages, social, sales collateral, and more.
- Uphold our brand, style, and tone of voice guidelines to ensure consistency and brand integrity across all content.
- Partner closely with growth marketing, design, and the broader marketing team to marry strategy, copy, and creative.
- Review, edit, and improve content proposed by cross-functional partners.
- Coordinate the review process of your own copy through legal and compliance and stakeholders and incorporate feedback.
- Analyze consumer insights and performance data and use data to make marketing decisions and improve your writing.
- 5+ years of experience writing marketing content, combining analytical and creative elements to position the brand competitively build market share
- Proven ability to write various types of brand and marketing content, including ad copy, website copy, one-pagers, presentations, emails, and more (please include a link to your portfolio)
- Ability to build expertise in Brex’s value prop and detailed product offerings
- Experience getting up to speed and iterating quickly—testing, learning, and optimizing
- Product writing, copywriting, or content writing within a marketing team and B2B fintech
- Demonstrated success creating content for different channels and formats, including advertising, emails, and marketing
- Ambitious self-starter with exceptional organizational and communication skills who can drive projects from creative conception to execution and follow-up