Brand Strategy Director (Remote)
Brand Strategy Director (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize its full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Marketing at Brex
The Marketing team tells the Brex story, determines messaging and positioning, and translates our reimagined products and features into tangible customer benefits. Our marketers—across Brand, PMM, Content, and Performance—are responsible for acquiring new customers and have a deep understanding of the business. We’re a highly cross-functional team and partner most closely with the Product, Sales, BD, and Design teams to help our prospects and customers grasp how we can help them reach their full potential.
What you’ll do
In this newly created role, you will identify opportunities to define and develop an innovative integrated marketing strategy for the organization. You will act as the driver and main point-of-contact for market research initiatives with key stakeholders internally and externally, and lead the translation of key insights into sound strategic recommendations. This opportunity is for someone who is excited about playing a key role in defining and building a bold, innovative brand that has a strong POV on the reinvention of finance.
- Craft and hone our brand positioning, architecture, and story, and inspire how it is communicated across segments and marketing communications. This includes leading foundational strategic development such as: category definition, positioning, and messaging.
- Build and manage a system to track and report on our brand’s growth and perception among our audience in this emerging category.
- Proactively identify opportunities to build brand value in correlation with our business objectives.
- Champion market research to understand our evolving position in the marketplace, stay abreast of cultural and marketplace trends as they relate to our business, gain insight into our audience and how to influence prospective customers, and test messaging.
- Lead bi-annual integrated marketing strategic planning, working in partnership with marketing leadership to ensure we tell a cohesive narrative.
- Build a deep understanding of our target audience segments, including sizing, attitudes toward the category, and purchase drivers to inform strategies and optimal investment levels
- Map an end-to-end customer journey across segments to serve as a framework for aligning marketing strategies cross-functionally and ensure a customer-first perspective.
- Partner with Brand, Social, and Product Marketing on messaging guides, and Comms on our corporate narrative.
- Serve as a key thought partner with leaders across the organization to offer strategic perspective and guide implementation.
- 10+ years of experience in brand and business strategy development and management, fintech/B2B experience a plus
- Deep experience in leading integrated marketing strategies with expertise across all aspects - foundational brand strategy, brand architecture work, and communications planning
- Savvy in translating research results into clear, actionable insights and implications
- Entrepreneurial spirit: comfortable building proposals, methodologies, and frameworks from the ground up
- Can craft and represent a strong recommendation with rationale while inviting discussion and collaboration
- Ability to influence and independently manage stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Bachelor’s Degree required