Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Marketing at Brex
The Marketing team tells the Brex story, determines messaging and positioning, and translates our reimagined products and features into tangible customer benefits. Our marketers—across Brand, PMM, Content, and Performance—are responsible for acquiring new customers and have a deep understanding of the business. We’re a highly cross-functional team and partner most closely with the Product, Sales, BD, and Design teams to help our prospects and customers grasp how we can help them reach their full potential.
What you’ll do
As a Brand Strategist at Brex, you’ll be essential in bringing the Brex brand to life, shaping and maintaining our personality and tone of voice across our digital brand and marketing. You're a strategist and a writer who can craft compelling stories that attract, engage, and activate audiences.
This role balances creative, analytical, and strategic thinking, conducting rigorous analysis and market research to understand customer behavior, and using that information to develop marketing strategies and copywriting that raises brand awareness, drives customer growth, and improves Brex’s brand positioning.
- Analyzing consumer insights, crafting plans for our creative team, and developing guidelines to promote our company across various channels.
- With a strong grasp on brand and UX copywriting, you’ll write marketing email campaigns, paid ads, social campaigns, sales collateral and one-pagers, as well as work across larger quarterly projects like creative ad campaigns.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a collaborative environment, using data to make marketing decisions and back their strategy.
- You’ll report to the Director of Brand, working closely with Brand Designers and the broader Marketing team.
- 5+ years’ of experience developing brand stories and strategies, combining analytical and creative elements to position the brand competitively and build market share
- Ability to write various types of brand and marketing content, including ad copy, website copy, one-pagers, presentations, emails, and more
- Review, edit, and improve content written by others
- Prepare brand strategy documents and provide guidelines to various departments to ensure consistency, especially product/UX copywriting, sales and support communications
- Exercise expertise in Brex’s value prop and detailed product offerings
- Brand marketing, product marketing, copywriting, or content writing experience, preferably within a marketing team and B2B tech
- Demonstrated success creating content for different channels and formats, including advertising, emails, and marketing collateral (please include a link to your portfolio)
- Ambitious self-starter with exceptional organizational and communication skills who can drive projects from creative conception to execution and follow-up