Crypto EDD Analyst (Remote)
Crypto EDD Analyst (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Legal at Brex
The Legal team helps the company grow responsibly, advocating for Brex and for the thousands of growing businesses we serve. We provide strategic advice and guidance to all Brex teams, protect Brex, advise on risk, and represent the company externally, negotiating with partners and interacting with regulators. Reimagining the financial system in a highly regulated environment requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
What You’ll Do
As our Crypto EDD Analyst, you will perform enhanced due diligence reviews of high-risk crypto/web3 businesses. Your reviews will include confirmation of regulatory requirements for crypto-related businesses, validation of information submitted by the Beneficial Owners and Controlling Officers, and use of risk assessments to determine if the customer is a right fit for Brex. The right candidate will be able to maintain high levels of productivity and efficiency while not sacrificing the quality or completeness of work. Clear communication is a must to ensure ease of comprehension by other teams and regulatory examiners.
- Perform detailed EDD reviews of complex potential crypto-related client relationships
- Conduct risk analysis utilizing internal tools and open source intelligence to mitigate money laundering and regulatory risks
- Get on phone calls with potential crypto-related clients to understand their business models and regulatory requirements
- Thoroughly document EDD review findings in the system of records including all pertinent facts, information and findings
- Complete EDD efficiently and accurately to meet internal SLAs and quality standards
- Suggest process and tooling enhancements to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Review, resolve and, escalate alerts to the appropriate teams based on findings
- Recommend clear and concise referrals for further investigations and potential SAR filing
- 2+ years of experience in institutional Crypto compliance and understanding of applicable regulations for crypto-related business
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of AML/CTF typologies, including B2B activity
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to adapt in a fast-paced work environment; strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently and be team-oriented
- Previous customer support/customer-facing role experience
- Crypto-fintech experience