Immigration & Mobility Specialist (Remote)
Immigration & Mobility Specialist (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Legal at Brex
The Legal team helps the company grow responsibly, advocating for Brex and for the thousands of growing businesses we serve. We provide strategic advice and guidance to all Brex teams, protect Brex, advise on risk, and represent the company externally, negotiating with partners and interacting with regulators. Reimagining the financial system in a highly regulated environment requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
What You’ll do
As the Immigration & Mobility Specialist for Brex, you will provide support and guidance to our employees on immigration questions and requests. You’ll have the chance to apply your immigration and program management knowledge and partner with internal and external stakeholders on unique immigration issues, analyze and make recommendations based on data, and communicate proactively with our employees. Additionally, as we continue to expand domestically and globally, you’ll partner with various teams to track entity setup and ensure we continue to have the programs and procedures in place to operate within the new entity.
- Manage our immigration program end-to-end; understand current processes for providing immigration support to our employees and find opportunities for continuous program enhancement
- Provide information to immigration stakeholders regarding our immigration policies and programs
- Analyze and evaluate each immigration situation and follow up as needed with employees, internal and external stakeholders
- Answer employee questions related to our immigration program and provide case-by-case support
- Develop and deliver communication templates and protocols to advise the company on immigration program updates, policies, and case level inquiries/updates
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on immigration processes, policies, and protocols; liaising with external Immigration Counsel as needed
- Assist in immigration related tasks including LCA management, PERM recruitment, forms, etc.
- Assist in data analysis and data requests from partner workstreams; be comfortable reviewing, analyzing, and reporting on data to provide recommendations to enable strategic business decisions
- Provide excellent customer service to our employees and internal stakeholders; partner effectively with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., Immigration Counsel)
Global Mobility and Employee Experience:
- Support new entity / location setup and maintenance of existing entities. This includes understanding any unique requirements affecting global employee experience such as benefits, compensation, time off work, etc., and working cross-functionally with various teams and externally with Subject Matter Advisors to build out an excellent employee experience in the new entity
- Understand and support the current process for global entity / domestic location setup and support capturing key requirements, stakeholders, and responsibilities; facilitate discovery sessions as needed to align stakeholders and ensure entity setup is progressing in a timely manner
- Partner with various stakeholders to ensure continued compliance with local laws and regulations; partner with internal and external Subject Matter Advisors as needed to enhance programs and processes within an entity
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 4+ years of professional experience, with a minimum of 3+ years of related immigration experience
- Comfort with ambiguity and navigating complex situations
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Desire to learn and grow within the global mobility function, passionate about understanding legal and employee-facing process and systems
- Demonstrated ability to act with discretion, and have exceptional integrity and judgment in handling confidential information
- Able to build trust and rapport quickly
- Thorough and fantastic organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and project manage
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the business needs
- Experience with Workday
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel skills (e.g., if/then statements, VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, formulas)