Senior Counsel, Platform Risk (Remote)
Senior Counsel, Platform Risk (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Legal at Brex
The Legal team helps the company grow responsibility, advocating for Brex and for the thousands of growing businesses we serve. We provide strategic advice and guidance to all Brex teams, protect Brex, advise on risk, and represent the company externally, negotiating with partners and interacting with regulators. Reimagining the financial system in a highly regulated environment requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
What you’ll do
You will work closely with the Senior Director, Associate General Counsel, Platform Risk and teams across the company to identify risks facing the company and develop and implement strategies for managing and mitigating such risks. You will assist in developing policies and procedures; advise on and help to resolve disputes involving customers or other third parties; assist in managing the company’s intellectual property portfolio and protecting the company’s brand; manage litigation, arbitrations, or other legal disputes; and advise in relation to subpoenas or other information requests the company receives.
- Identify legal risks facing the company and develop and implement strategies for mitigating those risks while enabling the fulfillment of the company’s business objectives
- Provide legal advice to teams throughout the company
- Monitor trends and legal developments, particularly those that impact the financial services and technology industries, analyze the implications for the company, and ensure the company is well-positioned to respond and react to the same
- Partner with the Compliance team and others throughout the company to ensure appropriate policy/procedure development and monitoring and testing frameworks as part of the company’s risk management efforts
- Provide legal support and guidance with respect to disputes involving customers or other third parties
- Manage the company’s intellectual property portfolio and protect the company’s intellectual property and brand
- Manage litigation, arbitrations, or other legal disputes involving the company
- Advise in relation to subpoenas and other information requests the company receives
- Provide legal support in connection with M&A activity or other strategic transactions the company may pursue
- Exceptional judgment and integrity with a proven ability to handle complex matters independently and be both business and customer-focused as a legal professional
- 8+ years working experience at law firms and/or in-house legal departments, with a preference for candidates with experience working in-house at technology or financial services companies
- Experience managing disputes, including disputes with customer or other third parties, as well as litigations, arbitrations, and/or regulatory enforcement actions
- Experience supporting Operations and Customer Service teams and personnel
- Excellent written and verbal communication and advocacy skills
- Experience developing and implementing policies and procedures and building processes to manage and mitigate risk
- Ability and willingness to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and appropriately prioritize and move forward many projects and initiatives at one time