Senior Counsel, Corporate (Remote)
Senior Counsel, Corporate (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Legal at Brex
The Legal team helps the company grow responsibility, advocating for Brex and for the thousands of growing businesses we serve. We provide strategic advice and guidance to all Brex teams, protect Brex, advise on risk, and represent the company externally, negotiating with partners and interacting with regulators. Reimagining the financial system in a highly regulated environment requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
What you’ll do
You will be an integral member of the Legal team and be able to provide sound and pragmatic legal advice on corporate and commercial legal matters. You will be responsible for leading the legal efforts for commercial transactions for the Company, and additionally have the opportunity to work on key corporate and strategic enterprise matters, collaborating with stakeholders to find creative solutions to business issues.
- Partner with the corporate and business development team to provide legal advice and analysis on strategic corporate transactions, including providing guidance and support for due diligence, transaction structuring and documentation, and integration planning and implementation.
- Drive continuous improvements, scalability and operational excellence in deal processes and execution, effectively collaborating with subject matter experts.
- Support corporate governance best practices, including preparing board of director materials, meeting minutes and board resolutions and board/shareholders correspondence and consents, as well as undertake responsibility for new corporate governance initiatives, including creation and management of new subsidiaries, both domestic and foreign.
- Partner closely with business and product teams to provide legal support and coverage for all commercial contracts and transactions.
- Develop and support the continuous improvement of standardized commercial agreements and templates, legal processes and policies, and contract management, including procedures appropriately balancing efficiency and results, taking ownership of the process.
- Contribute to various internal knowledge management initiatives, including a precedent document database, template agreements, presentations and training initiatives.
- Exceptional judgment and integrity, ability to handle complex matters independently.
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience within the corporate law department of a reputable law firm, or a combination of experience between law firms and technology or fintech company in-house roles. Experience working with (or at) fast-paced technology companies is a plus.
- Experience working on complex corporate transactions (including M&A) and other strategic commercial transactions, including acting as a go-to legal advisor on key issues.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work across various modes of communication; you thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments.
- JD and admitted to practice in at least one jurisdiction.