Director, Federal Affairs
Director, Federal Affairs
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Government and Regulatory Affairs Team at Brex
The Government and Regulatory Affairs team builds and develops relationships with government agencies and personnel, educates policymakers on matters relevant to our industry, and advocates for policy positions we believe are critical to the success of Brex and our customers. We provide relevant information and strategic advice to Brex’s leadership in a rapidly changing regulatory and political landscape. Reimagining financial systems in a highly regulated environment requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the VP of Government and Regulatory Affairs and working closely with the CLO, this role is responsible for identifying federal policy opportunities, driving towards desired outcomes, and maintaining relationships with key federal offices.
- Monitor and research relevant legislation or regulatory activity, and track policy or political developments that may impact Brex or customer’s businesses
- Establish and maintain relationships with federal policymakers and staff
- Assist in developing and advocating for policy positions with legislative, agency, or quasi-governmental personnel
- Partner closely with comms, partnerships, and other internal teams to ensure alignment with corporate strategy and consistent messaging on policy issues
- Produce reports or publications in conjunction with internal stakeholders that support Brex’s policy objectives
- Manage lobbying firms through setting clear expectations and goals, as appropriate
- 8+ years combined experience in-house, in government, or in a firm; federal legislative experience; interfacing with Senate Banking Committee, House Financial Services Committee, or related subcommittees preferred
- Exceptional judgment, integrity, and ethical approach and ability to balance complex matters independently and with internal and external stakeholders
- Data-driven approach to policy and advocacy work
- Keen understanding of the legislative process and ability to quickly analyze proposed changes to law or regulation and clearly communicate them to key stakeholders
- Deep curiosity about financial services and technology, and a keen interest in advocating for modernization of financial systems
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and to turn work around very quickly
- JD preferred