Product Counsel, Brex Cash
Product Counsel, Brex Cash
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Legal and Compliance at Brex
The Legal team helps the company grow responsibility, advocating for Brex and for the thousands of growing businesses we serve. We provide strategic advice and guidance to all Brex teams, protect Brex, advise on risk, and represent the company externally, negotiating with partners and interacting with regulators. Reimagining the financial system in a highly regulated environment requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
What you’ll do
As Product Counsel for Brex Cash, the cash management product offered via Brex’s FINRA-registered broker-dealer affiliate, you will advise on legal requirements necessary to scale Brex Cash as it continues to grow and offer additional products and services. You’ll counsel our product, engineering, marketing, sales, partnerships, compliance, and support teams on a range of issues related to product development and the products you support. You’ll provide strategic advice on risk and regulatory ambiguity, collaborating with stakeholders to find creative solutions to business issues.
- Provide pragmatic, actionable advice on regulatory requirements for both existing and new products as they relate to Brex Cash
- Manage relationships with FINRA and SEC staff in coordination with Brex Cash’s Chief Compliance Officer
- Work with Brex’s Marketing team to develop effective public-facing strategy that is creative, compelling, and compliant
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on Brex Cash’s strategic role in the Brex ecosystem
- Structure, draft, and negotiate agreements with financial institutions and other partnership and commercial agreements to support Brex Cash’s expanding product offerings
- Review and help create a user experience, customer communications strategy, and in-product messaging that is accurate, clear, and compliant
- Draft and update important customer agreements, terms, and disclosures, and work closely with teams across the company to identify and resolve issues relating to the products you support
- Provide guidance on strategic decisions and risk including product structuring and implementation
- Manage license applications for new products as needed
- Stay up-to-date on relevant regulations and industry practices
- 8+ years working experience in a combination of law firms and technology or traditional financial services companies. Prior startup experience is strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience with, and knowledge of, FINRA rules and regulations
- Experience working on SEC and FINRA examinations, and interacting collaboratively with regulators
- Strong interest in payments, lending, securities products, or other financial products
- Business sense and comfort with technology
- JD and admitted to practice in at least one jurisdiction
- Series 7 and Series 24 certifications strongly preferred
- Experience partnering with banks to develop fintech-oriented products
- Curiosity, drive, and willingness to take ownership and drive projects to completion
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and turn work around quickly when needed