Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Accounting at Brex
The Accounting team at Brex ensures we have perfect financial reporting, but even more so we serve as the testers of Brex’s financial products, providing analysis and feedback as the first users prior to product releases. We’re not only responsible for maintaining accurate books and records for financial reporting, but we’re deeply passionate about automation and partner closely with the engineering team to implement technological improvements.
What you’ll do
The Senior Accountant will play a key role in ensuring the integrity of our financial records and in developing scalable and sustainable processes as the business grows. As the Senior Accountant, you will be exposed to a variety of areas, including but not limited to, payroll, equity administration, stock-based compensation, intercompany transactions, asset valuation, account reconciliation and more. As the Senior Accountant, you will work cross functionally across the organization, within a detail-oriented environment, where creative problem solving is highly valued. The Senior Accountant is expected to manage multiple priorities concurrently without compromising quality.
- Assist in the monthly accounting close process by owning specific general ledger reconciliations and accounts including stock-based compensation expense and other critical estimates
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Create and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional teams including Finance, HR, and payroll partners and partner with these teams to establish best-in-class processes for Brex payroll, including related systems
- Provide insightful financial analysis including explanations of variances between actual and prior period results and presents findings
- Contribute to the development of the automated accounting flows and integration of Brex’s accounting ERP with the Brex product
- Coordinate with external financial statement auditors to assist in quarterly and year-end audit procedures, including audit requests.
- College graduate with a 4-year degree
- 3+ years of private or public industry experience
- Knowledge and familiarity with accounting for share-based payments under U.S. GAAP
- Talented and highly motivated with a self-starter mentality
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage deadlines effectively
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective verbal, listening, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to examine and verify financial documents, reports, and transactions; research and analyze accounting transactions; verify the accuracy of data; reconcile financial data and accounts
- Licensed CPA
- A combination of public accounting and private industry experience
- Relevant experience in the card payment industry
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and address difficult situations in a professional manner
- Innovative and able to and provide “outside of the box” solutions
- Passion for having an owner’s mentality towards responsibilities and for career growth
- Knowledge and experience using NetSuite, Carta, and/or Workday