Security Engineer, Corporate Security (Remote)
Security Engineer, Corporate Security (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place — disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
As a Corporate Security Engineer, you will focus on improving Brex’s stance and security around corporate devices, SaaS services, and internal enterprise systems. You’ll advise our partner teams on decisions, create guidance and policy, ensure proper hardening and configuration of endpoints and services, and create scripting/tooling to not only ensure appropriate security at Brex but also to enable our staff to work securely with as little friction as possible.
Brex is a financial technology and a remote first company, creating new, interesting, and unique issues to be worked on. We operate internationally with employees in several countries and we place the security of our customers and employees at the forefront of our actions. As part of reimagining financial systems, we also are reimagining security across our company and products to offer modern security measures which evolve past the current state of the industry.
We’re looking for individuals with a solid background and interest in securing the enterprise of Brex. Most importantly, you should be enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs. We’re looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board. Building world-class financial services requires world-class security.
- Think up and build beautiful systems
- Taking part in the design, implementation, and upkeep of corporate security systems and technology, ensuring the security of Brex’s data, and systems, and people
- Helping design and implement the roadmap for corporate security at Brex in the short and long term
- Consulting with IT systems engineering and support staff to design, review, and update hardening, configuration, and vulnerability remediation for corporate devices including endpoints
- Partnering with IT to evaluate, select, and configure hardware and software systems that ensure the security of Brex corporate devices and networks
- Creation and maintenance of processes and policies relating to corporate assets and systems, SaaS tools, and other enterprise applications
- Reviewing, improving, and monitoring of SaaS and internal enterprise applications’ security and access configurations
- Configuration and ownership of systems for staff access to internal services and tooling including zero trust and VPN systems
- Partnering with the rest of the Detection and Response team to assist with the selection of corporate focus areas for detection and with development of systems and documentation for response
- Deploying, fine-tuning, and automating integrations, processes, and tooling for risk reduction, systems integration, and automation of processes and tasks to reduce time required of staff
- Handling triage and follow up for inbound security issues, questions, and requests with the rest of the Detection and Response team
- Participation in the Security On Call rotation
- 3+ years of experience relating to corporate security
- Basic development or scripting experience and skills - the team primarily uses Shell, Python, and Go but specific languages are not required at time of hire. While not primarily a development role, you will create scripts and contribute to the development and improvement of tooling
- Familiarity across and past experience in multiple areas of corporate security as well as comfort with most or all of the above responsibilities
- Knowledge of and familiarity with access control and identity management systems
- Experience with endpoint detection and response systems
- Understanding of endpoint configuration management systems
- Ability to work collaboratively with sister teams and internal partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a great sense of empathy
- Thriving in a collaborative environment, filled with a diverse group of people with different expertise and backgrounds (we currently have around 30 nationalities represented, with more than ½ the company working in a country different from the one they grew up in)
- Experience with endpoint configuration management solutions
- Experience with AWS services including AWS Workspaces
- Knowledge of Shell, Go, or Python
- Experience with performing or advising on strategic planning
- Understanding of threat analysis and risk weighting
- Experience writing detection queries in SIEMs (such as ELK, Splunk, Sumologic, and Hive)
- Experience migrating services from VPN usage to zero-trust systems
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome gets in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and don’t want it to get in the way of meeting you.