Director, IT (Remote)
Director, IT (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that. Teams are autonomous, filled with inclusive individuals, eager to learn, teach, constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
The IT team is responsible for strategic deployment, ownership, and service across a wide variety of systems & tools, ranging from onboarding to VPN and license management across our global offices. We’re searching for someone with a passion for supporting the people on their team as well as developing the organization.
- Set direction for IT strategy by empowering teams to achieve their best work and drive execution of projects across Network, Systems, Enterprise Applications, and IT Support functions.
- Represent the IT organization as a stakeholder in cross-functional partnerships and fully manage vendor relationships, negotiations, and budgeting while upholding strong commitment to ensuring a security/compliance-first approach.
- Build and scale strategies for Brex’s IT Functions, ensuring successful adoption of technologies across Brex, while also focusing on streamlining and security.
- Own portions of the Enterprise tech stack as needed with an emphasis on more than one of the following: Networking, ITSM, VPN, AV, SSO, MDM, CRM, ERP, and/or HRIS.
- Build, lead, and grow successful IT teams through recruiting and growing great talent.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior IT leadership role having managed multiple teams & sub-teams in a high growth environment.
- Strong managerial and decision making experience with a proven track record of building and leading successful IT tools and teams.
- Experience managing enterprise-grade tools & platforms, taking ownership of all aspects both great and small. You lead by example and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the team’s work to fill gaps as needed.
- Ability to drive initiatives across IT organizations and cross-functional teams while setting clear expectations, timelines, and direction.
- Expertise managing external vendors, procurement, and budget management while juggling multiple projects with a stellar track record of managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Strong and effective communication ability to convey complex ideas in a simple manner and drive teams to resolutions during discussions.
- You have started your own business or were a foundational IT leader of an early-stage start up. We value entrepreneurial spirit & scrappiness!
- You have high documentation standards and drive yourself & your teams to bring consistency to processes and more.