Art Director (Remote)
Art Director (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Design at Brex
The Design team brings together creative individuals with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and responsibilities. Our team joins us from fintech startups, design agencies, and Fortune 500 companies. We strive for innovation and are responsible for crafting seamless experiences across our financial platform, helping our customers get time back so they can focus their attention on scaling their business.
Brex is looking for an Art Director to join the Brand Studio, a cross-disciplinary group of creatives including designers, copywriters, media buyers, user research, and marketing strategists. Our team’s mission is to build a category-defining brand and meaningfully move key business metrics by delivering world-class creative.
What you’ll do
You will work with marketing, product and engineering teams to successfully communicate, evolve and execute a strong design standard that showcases Brex as a leader in financial innovation. You are a crucial component of our company’s growth and product launches through your contributions on strategic direction, high visual standards and focus on user needs. You take on an owner’s mentality, taking pride in your work as well as your team’s work and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of Brex.
Your role will be to art direct and execute a variety of creative projects across marketing collateral, digital experiences, out-of-home, communications, environmental, and more. This is a collaborative role that will require you to work closely with marketing leaders, web and product teams, and the rest of the team to ship effective brand marketing projects and campaigns. You are a creative problem solver who can think strategically but also loves getting into the details to ensure final creative is fine-tuned and perfected down to the pixel.
- Creative thinking and strategic execution. You will be asked to think outside of the box, and partner to push brand narrative and innovation forward
- Provide feedback and art direction to designers, external creative agencies and vendors
- Collaborate closely with multidisciplinary creatives on the Brand Studio team to bring ideas to life and work closely with our internal partners across marketing, web, and product
- Represent the design team to internal partners, and provide input that will help shape planning and strategy
- Deliver and solicit feedback to continually improve the Brex brand and raise the quality and craftsmanship of our output; maintaining brand guidelines
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of partners
- Push forward and maintain a high design bar and level of execution
- Experience art directing designers, photographers/videographers, illustrators, or motion designers
- Experience designing for web, email, offline media, and video
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a talent for detailed articulations of strategy and process
- Experience developing creative brand and acquisition campaigns and collaborating with marketing organizations
- Strong ability to craft a clear narrative and paint a vision that communicates and aligns teams
- Appetite for problem-solving and thrives in multifaceted, fast-paced environments
- Portfolio demonstrating ability to implement a combination of strategic, conceptual and design skills crafting original, persuasive, and visually compelling work
- 8+ years design/art direction experience
- Experience working with tools including but not limited to Figma, Jira, Looker, Slack, Google Apps, Salesforce, Chrome Console
- Experience working on products in both B2B and B2C companies