Software Engineer, Data
Software Engineer, Data
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.ort to grow their careers. It takes the same effort to dream big or dream small, so we say, dream big.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
The data platform team makes data and data products accessible to Brex for both customer-facing apps and internal stakeholders and empower data scientists with brilliant tooling.
- Design and build user-friendly data platforms upon which data scientists can easily test and deploy models to production.
- Scope, design and build tools for internal users to increase their efficiency ten-fold.
- Improve and maintain data platform uptime
- Design and implement customer facing data services and products from end to end.
- Work closely with analysts and data scientists to deeply understand business problems and be a guiding voice in architecting the solutions.
- Build and maintain robust, observable data pipelines.
- Maintain a strong data driven culture within the company by interacting with diverse internal functions.
- Experience with data pipelines and data warehousing, such as Big Query and Snowflake.
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles
- Experience working with backend programming languages (Java, Kotlin, Python)
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Airflow, SQL, python, kafka, live processing
- Familiarity with functional programming languages
- Strong writing skills
- Proactive approach
- Experience as a project lead