Tax Manager (Remote)
Tax Manager (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize its full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Tax at Brex
The tax function at Brex sits with the Accounting team, whose mission is to develop and operate timely financial reporting systems that build trust with Brex stakeholders. What that means in practice is that we’re responsible for maintaining timely and accurate books and records, adhering to and developing internal controls, providing oversight over all business spend and also ensuring we’re in compliance with all applicable regulatory standards, including under all of the jurisdictional tax codes we are subject to. We’re deeply passionate about automation and partner closely with cross-functional teams to implement technological and other process improvements. As a bonus, we serve as the testers of Brex’s financial products, and provide analysis and feedback as the first users prior to product releases.
What you’ll do
As a Tax Manager, you will support and enhance our tax planning and compliance operations, as well as help build workflows and implement financial systems within Brex. You will be directly responsible for ensuring the compliance of our tax records and filings. Our company is rapidly growing across multiple jurisdictions and this role will play an important part in developing scalable tax processes and contributing to Brex’s long-term growth.
- Partner with the CAO in all aspects of tax at Brex, including planning, strategy, financial reporting and compliance
- Prepare or manage the preparation of all domestic and foreign tax and information returns
- Successfully navigate tax audits and examinations by all relevant authorities
- Ensure all tax accounts including provisions are properly reflected in relevant financial reporting
- Develop and improve tax systems, processes, and policies across the Company
- Collaborate with Finance, Accounting, Sales, Engineering and other functions as needed
- Partner with payroll function in resolving employee-related tax issues
- Manage the oversight of and partnership with external tax advisors
- Prepare journal entries and perform reconciliations over tax related accounts as part of GL operations
- Ensure all tax liabilities and obligations are met in a timely manner
- Ad-hoc projects such as tax credits and incentive planning as necessary
- 5 + years of public accounting, consulting, or financial services related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Enthusiasm for having a meaningful impact on our business and its processes
- Growth mindset - we’re growing our business quickly, and looking for people who want to solve problems and grow with us
- Motivated by the opportunity to identify solutions for ambiguous problems in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to disrupt the status quo and implement continuous improvements to process.
- Ability to manage multiple workflows and deliver on concurrent deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- CPA license
- NetSuite or other accounting ERP experience
- SQL proficiency