Staff Accountant (Remote)
Staff Accountant (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize its full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Accounting at Brex
The Accounting team’s mission is to develop and operate timely financial reporting systems that build trust with Brex stakeholders. What that means in practice is that we’re responsible for maintaining timely and accurate books and records, adhering to and developing internal controls, providing oversight over all business spend and also ensuring we’re in compliance with all applicable regulatory standards. We’re deeply passionate about automation and partner closely with cross-functional teams to implement technological and other process improvements. As a bonus, we serve as the testers of Brex’s financial products, and provide analysis and feedback as the first users prior to product releases.
What you’ll do
As the Staff Accountant at Brex, you will support and enhance our accounting operations, as well as help automate workflows and implement financial systems within Brex. You will be directly responsible for maintaining the accuracy of our internal financial records. Our department is rapidly growing and the Staff Accountant will play an important role in developing scalable processes and contributing to Brex’s long-term growth.
- Prepare journal entries and perform reconciliations over income statement and balance sheet accounts
- Analyze fluctuations in relevant accounts and provide insights on financial trends and behaviors
- Reconcile payment systems internally with external networks, banks, and processors
- Partner with cross-functional employees to understand the details and rationale behind financial activity within the general ledger
- Assist in the allocation of the income statement to cost centers and business segments
- Assist with the preparation of complex estimates utilized for decision-making and reporting purposes
- Support annual audit requirements
- Improve business processes and help scale accounting operations
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- 1-2+ years of public accounting, consulting, or financial services related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Enthusiasm for having a meaningful impact on our business and its processes
- Growth mindset - we’re growing our business quickly, and looking for people who want to solve problems and grow with us
- Motivated by the opportunity to identify solutions for ambiguous problems in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to disrupt the status quo and implement continuous improvements to process.
- Ability to manage multiple workflows and deliver on concurrent deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- CPA license
- NetSuite or other accounting ERP experience
- SQL proficiency