Payroll Specialist (Remote)
Payroll Specialist (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize its full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Accounting at Brex
The Accounting team at Brex ensures we have perfect financial reporting, but even more so, we serve as the testers of Brex’s financial products, providing analysis and feedback as the first users prior to product releases. We’re not only responsible for maintaining accurate books and records, we’re also responsible for ensuring all of our vendors and employees are paid timely and accurately. Additionally, we’re deeply passionate about automation and partner closely with cross-functional teams to implement technological and other process improvements.
What you’ll do
As the Payroll Specialist at Brex, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to help shape our strategy and build our global payroll process structure. You like working cross-functionally and enjoy working within a highly detail-oriented environment, enjoy thinking creatively about solving problems, and can manage multiple priorities concurrently. You should have worked with different payroll systems and processes and be very comfortable working at different scales—from specific cases to thinking holistically across the company.
- Assist with Brex’s expanding “remote-first” payroll function across the globe, including the US, Canada, and Brazil, processing on a bi-weekly basis
- Support employees and managers with pay-related issues
- Process expense reports and leave of absence pay entry
- Work with auditors to provide data for payroll related audits
- Assist with the month and quarter-end close tasks
- Collaborate with Finance and Accounting teams for reporting
- Partner closely with Recruiting and People teams to provide awareness of relocation impacts to payroll
- Assist with new state tax registrations and researching variances related to tax notices
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Associates degree or equivalent
- 3 + years of payroll processing experience
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws, garnishment laws, and taxability of wages
- Familiarity with payroll software / HRIS platforms
- Strong comfort with Microsoft Office Suite, especially advanced Excel (e.g. VLOOKUP & SUMIF)
- Demonstrated ability to act with discretion and have exceptional integrity and judgment in handling confidential information
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and capacity to manage time in a work from home environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for payroll
- Workday experience
- NetSuite experience
- FPC or other payroll certifications
- Experience with expansion into new states or countries